During the course of your involvement with Rory and Amy’s Real Estate A.B.N. 96 841 796 234, we may collect, use or disclose personal information about you for the following purposes:
- Assisting you to sell your property;
- Assisting you to purchase a property;
- Assisting you to lease a property (either as lessor or lessee);
- Assisting you to obtain a loan;
- Assisting you with payment or refund of a bond;
- Assisting you with tenancy disputes;
- Coordinating repairs or maintenance of a property owned or leased by you;
- Recording or accessing information at the Titles Registry Office or other government agency;
- Recording or accessing information at the Residential Tenancies Authority;
- Recording or accessing information on tenancy information services or databases;
- Client and business relationship management;
- Marketing of products and services to you;
The types of personal information we may collect, use or disclose about you includes but is not limited to:
- Your full name;
- Your date of birth;
- Your residential address;
- Your postal address;
- Your email address;
- Your home telephone number;
- Your work telephone number;
- Your mobile telephone number;
- Your occupation and business address;
- Financial information including details of your employer, income, name of bank or financial institution;
- Details of your spouse, de facto, dependent children, and roommates;
- Details of properties owned by you;
In order to provide products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information to the persons/organisations described below:
- In the event that you are a seller or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to prospective buyers of the property owned or leased by you;
- In the event that you are a buyer or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to the sellers of the property you are purchasing or leasing;
- Your legal advisor(s) and the legal advisor(s) representing the other party(s) involved in your transaction;
- Your financial institution and/or financial advisor;
- Insurance providers and brokers;
- Utility providers and utility connection service providers
- Persons or organisations involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service including independent contractors engaged by us as real estate agents;
- Tradespeople engaged by us to repair or maintain a property owned or leased by you;
- Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems;
- Persons or organisations involved in purchasing part or all of our business;
- Our related companies;
- Organisations involved in the payments systems including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations;
- The Titles Registry Office or other government agencies;
- The Residential Tenancies Authority;
- Tenancy information services or databases;
- Real estate websites;
- Real estate peak bodies;
Whenever it is reasonable or practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. Sometimes it will be necessary for us to collect information from a third party or a publicly available source, such as a credit reporting agency, your legal adviser, your past or current employers, your previous lessors or property managers, and tenancy information services or databases.
We may disclose your personal information to recipients within Australia or to overseas recipients. Should information be required to be sent interstate or overseas, we will take steps to protect the privacy of your information.
We need your permission to collect, use and disclose your personal information, and we therefore ask that you sign the consent on the first page of this document to indicate your consent.
In the event that you do not consent to Rory and Amy’s Real Estate A.B.N. 96 841 796 234 collecting and releasing your personal information as described above, we may be unable to provide the services requested by you.
Business without identifying you
In circumstances where it is lawful and practical to do so, you may wish to do business with us without providing any personal information, such as when you make general enquires about real estate or the market, you may remain anonymous or provide a pseudonym. However, to provide you with specific services, we may need to identify you.
We may use your personal information to provide you with information and updates on our products, services, changes to our business or general information about the real estate market that we consider may be of interest to you.
If at any time you decide you no longer wish to receive marketing material from us, you may opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com or contacting us by phone on 07 4125 2001.
We may disclosure your personal information to overseas recipients as we may use cloud storage to store the personal information, we hold about you. The cloud storage and IT servers or service providers may be located outside Australia.
If you wish to no longer receive marketing material from us, we will provide you with information in each marketing communication as to how you may opt-out, such as every email we send you contains an unsubscribe option at the bottom. In any event you may contact us by mail, phone on 07 4125 2001 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be removed from our mailing and/or marketing lists.
If you believe that there has been a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and you wish to make a complaint, please email us at email@example.com or contact us by phone on 07 4125 2001. We will make a record of your complaint and take steps to correct any deviation from the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will acknowledge your complaint within seven days. We will investigate the complaint and attempt to resolve it within 30 days.
If you are dissatisfied with our response you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au or by phone on 1300 363 992.
We use all reasonable efforts to keep your personal information secure, accurate and up to date and protect it from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Our website contains links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representation or warranties in relation to the content on those websites or their privacy practices.
Updates to this policy
Access to, and correction of personal information
You have the right to request access to your personal information and to request that Rory and Amy’s Real Estate A.B.N. 96 841 796 234 update or correct your personal information. A charge may apply for providing access to your information.
You may contact us by mail, email or telephone as follows:
Shop 3, 2 Coral Street, Urangan QLD 4655
07 4125 2001